Not all installers are made equal.
Now, your instinct might be to look for a company that will get your windshield replaced as quickly and as cheaply as possible.
When it comes to windshields, that’s simply not the right way to go and here’s why: a windshield is a very important component of a vehicle and a poor replacement job can put your life, as well as the lives of your passengers, in serious danger.
- A properly installed windshield protects you and your passengers from being thrown out of the vehicle during an accident.
- It prevents the roof of your vehicle from collapsing during an accident.
- If your windshield pops out or breaks down completely during an accident, any airbags that deploy will be practically useless.
And this list goes on. Always do your homework well and only work with trustworthy, well trained replacement specialists. Learn about right and wrong ways to replace a windshield, and what to look for when choosing a replacement.
what makes us different?
how long will it take?
- When done by a highly trained installer, most windshield replacements can be done between 30 and 60 minutes.
Avoid replacement, most rock chips can be repaired.
Mobile Service Tips
- You are not required to be with your vehicle at the time of the installation.
- Access to the vehicle is vital for the installation of a new windshield or other piece of glass. Ideally, our technicians need to move freely around your entire vehicle.
- Our technician may need your keys in order complete your service repair. Please have a key available if needed.
- Special instructions or concerns should be communicated prior to the appointment with our customer service staff.
- Should adverse weather present itself, your appointment may be rescheduled due to safety concerns.
Replace or repair?
The first question that the majority of car owners face when dealing with a cracked or chipped windshield is whether they should have it replaced or repaired. There are pros and cons to both techniques, and sometimes replacement is the only option left. For example:
If your windshield has suffered a serious chip or crack (more than a couple inches wide), it should probably be replaced.
Replacement is mandatory in cases where the damage is on the driver’s side of the windshield. That’s because most repair jobs leave the glass looking a little distorted, which can be very distracting when driving.
Most skilled repair/replacement technicians won’t agree to repair cracks that run along the sides of the glass. That’s because this type of damage tends to spread quickly and is extra difficult to contain.